Dot-Com Survivors Rediscover Business 101
Excess, hype, and getting rich quick are out. Efficiency, hard work, and the long haul are in. Now that VCs with buckets of cash have disappeared, small, young companies must get their money by actually earning it. Suddenly, the venerable path to success -- getting customers, building credibility, generating revenue -- once again represents standard operating procedure. As for those who've been toughing it out all along, they have little sympathy for the poor little rich companies that just couldn't make the grade.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap