Vivendi's Messier: "Our Goal Is to Transform the Old Media Model"
Jean-Marie Messier, CEO of Vivendi Universal, is one of Europe's top New Economy executives. In December, he concluded the merger of Vivendi, the French media, Internet, telecom, and utility group, with Universal's media properties in Hollywood. The new company will be a giant in the entertainment business, rivaling the likes of Bertelsmann and AOL Time Warner. On Jan. 9, he talked to BusinessWeek editors in New York about his vision for Vivendi Universal and the future of the Net. Here are edited excerpts from the conversation:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations