The Construction Industry's Tower of Babel
If you build it, they will come. Or that's what three construction-industry organizations thought back in 1994, when they embarked on the daunting task of drafting a single building code for the entire nation. Designed to establish consistent safety standards, the initiative was aimed at easing the lot of builders and making the U.S. a more attractive market for foreign developers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt