Wilsons: Set To Go Hell For LeatherBy
With Christmas just around the corner, are retail stocks set for a lift? Maybe not, considering the slowing economy and the sharp sell-off in stocks. But Daniel Schwarzwalder of Buckingham Capital Management--whose fund, mainly in retail and apparel, is up 35% this year--bets big on one specialty retailer. He thinks Wilsons the Leather Experts (WLSN) will score. Why? He calls leather the "sweet spot" in fashion today, and he's impressed with Wilsons' "very focused" management. Schwarzwalder says it has created "a good brand, whose sales have been growing at 20% a year." Wilsons operates 529 retail stores in 44 states, Canada, and Britain. "The stock, down from 21 in August, to 14 1/4, is cheap," he says. He sees it doubling in 12 months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts