The Message From Asia: Trade Locally, Think GloballyBy
President Clinton, the first President of the Vietnam War generation, has become the first President ever to set foot in a unified Vietnam. His visit to Vietnam was part of a trip to Asia to attend his valedictory meeting of the heads of state of APEC, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, a regional group promoting economic integration. Back in 1993, when the American press was replete with dire predictions about the protectionist tendencies of the new Democratic Administration, President Clinton convened the inaugural meeting of APEC. Each year since, the leaders have met to set plans to achieve their long-run vision of free trade within the region.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders