The power of architecture to integrate people, spaces, and even complex workflow is the dominant theme running through this year's BUSINESS WEEK/Architectural Record Awards, sponsored by the American Institute of Architects (AIA). Architects used materials such as glass to enhance the transparency of work and bring together various teams. They crafted office spaces to spark creative interaction among employees--and corporate clients. And they mastered the "wow factor" by designing a "cosmic cathedral" of glass and steel, a planetarium of astonishing beauty that allows people to see through walls to learn about the stars and the planets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans