The Oil Gods Are Smiling On Russia
It was quite the party: The fifth anniversary of the privatization of Sibneft, Russia's sixth-largest oil producer and 12th-biggest company. For the Sept. 8 bash, Sibneft hired Seventies-style pop group Boney M to entertain a throng at the Hotel Rossiya in Moscow that included the company's largest shareholder, reclusive Russian tycoon and shadowy Kremlin courtier Roman Abramovich. Revelers rocked to Boney M's smash hit: Rah Rah Rasputin--a song hailing an infamous political puppeteer of Russia's pre-revolutionary past.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's