The Nfl: Full Contact In The Valley
Before Paul J. Tagliabue, commissioner of the National Football League, made his first swing through Silicon Valley in early October, he had been well-briefed on the pitfalls of America's techno-utopia: the traffic jams, the rampant cyber jargon, the rigorously casual dress code. But who could have forseen that Carl Yankowski, Palm Inc.'s (PALM) CEO, would subject the commissioner and his five-man entourage to a gruesomely detailed account of a recent back surgery? "It's a good thing it wasn't a hernia," one of Tagliabue's aides wisecracked sotto voce as the meeting broke up.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn