A Closer Look At OrbotechBy
Guilt by association: Woe to any company that gets lumped--rightly or wrongly--with a sector out of favor on the Street. Take Orbotech (ORBK), mistakenly associated with the besieged makers of semiconductor gear. Orbotech has dropped 30% in recent weeks, to 46. Never mind that Orbotech does not make semiconductor equipment: It was punished nevertheless. Orbotech makes optical inspection equipment for printed circuit boards (PCBs), flat panel displays (FPDs), and electronic assemblies. Orbotech's tools are used by manufacturers of electronics products to make sure they maintain high quality standards.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing