Commentary: "It's Open Season At Dlj"By
On paper, the plan looked sensible enough when Swiss bank Credit Suisse Group picked up Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. for $13.4 billion in August. As execs at both firms explained, combining Credit Suisse First Boston's expertise in banking for technology companies with DLJ's high-yield debt franchise would create a megabank--capable of competing against the Big Three investment banks Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Goldman Sachs, and Merrill Lynch.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner