Commentary: "It's Open Season At Dlj"By
On paper, the plan looked sensible enough when Swiss bank Credit Suisse Group picked up Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. for $13.4 billion in August. As execs at both firms explained, combining Credit Suisse First Boston's expertise in banking for technology companies with DLJ's high-yield debt franchise would create a megabank--capable of competing against the Big Three investment banks Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Goldman Sachs, and Merrill Lynch.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing