U.S.: The Economy's Big Disconnect
Looking at the latest numbers, it's hard to believe that the consumer sector and U.S. industry are part of the same economy. Consumers this quarter are once again fearless in their spending, splurging on cars, houses, and other goods. Manufacturers, meanwhile, appear hapless. Production outside of the high-tech industries is struggling to rise, and payrolls are falling.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing