Commentary: The Tire Flap: Behind The Feeding FrenzyStan Crock
It started with an explosive investigative story. During sweeps week in early February, Houston station KHOU-TV reported that lawsuits around the country blamed Ford Explorers equipped with Firestone radials for 30 deaths. The alleged cause: tire treads that peeled off without warning, in many cases causing the sport-utility vehicle to flip over. The expose led to a 6.5 million-tire recall on Aug. 9--and demands for tough new tire standards and design changes to prevent SUV rollovers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’