Commentary: The Olympics: Still Poised On A PedestalJay Weiner
It's probably still too early to say whether the just-concluded Summer Olympics merit a gold, silver, or bronze medal. But the International Olympic Committee certainly rates a Teflon medallion. Weak U.S. TV ratings. Drug scandals in Sydney. A federal bribery case pending in Salt Lake City. And still all that sticks to the Olympic movement are more corporate sponsors, more TV money, and the prospect of a gigantic marketing opportunity--the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing