Give yourself a pat on the back. The Welfare to Work Partnership says that small businesses have hired 435,000 of its 1.1 million former welfare recipients since 1997. Thanks to better mentoring at small companies, says Partnership CEO Eli Segal, onetime welfare recipients stay longer at small businesses than they do at big companies. Bone up on tax breaks for Welfare to Work partners at www.welfaretowork.org.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing