When it comes to containing rising health-care costs, here's an idea: stop complaining and do your homework. Small-business owners don't understand the health insurance market, suggests new research by the Employee Benefit Research Institute. A majority, for example, didn't know that health insurance premiums are fully tax-deductible. That's a disincentive to even look into coverage, says Paul Fronstin, a senior research associate with EBRI. In this case, ignorance is anything but bliss.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy