Are We Headed For A Tech Led Recession?
Economic crises are tough to predict. Economists don't have a good track record, and neither do the markets. Despite the difficulties of looking ahead, BUSINESS WEEK Economics Editor Michael J. Mandel, a longtime champion of the New Economy, has decided to take the risk. In a new book, The Coming Internet Depression, and in this week's cover story, adapted from the book, he makes a worrisome prediction: There's a good chance the U.S. is on the road to a downturn, and that downturn could turn nasty, brutish, and long if economic policy stumbles.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis