About Extortion Or Abortion?
Dr. James Scott Pendergraft IV likely will perform more abortions this year at the five clinics he owns throughout Florida than any other doctor in the state, if not the country. By all accounts, Dr. Pendergraft is a physician of exceptional medical skill and boundless commercial ambition. The burly 43-year-old employs a host of high-profile marketing techniques, including highway billboards, that unsettle fellow abortion providers and infuriate right-to-lifers. "I never try to sneak into a city," says Pendergraft, who makes his rounds in a bulletproof vest. "I want people to know they're coming to someone who is not a back-alley kind of individual."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis