Online Luxury Has Limits
Here's a question for all you business owners out there: If everyone in your industry threw next year's profits off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it, too? Mom's old line about resisting the crowd is an apt one for the latest group of retailers to appear on the Internet--the luxury bunch. In the past six months, the Web has welcomed some of the biggest names in glitz, from Saks Fifth Avenue to European giant LVMH. This star-studded group has spared little in its quest for online glory, pledging millions of dollars and scads of staff to make its e-stores a success.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’