An E Bay Of Deadbeats
If everything from fine art to used wedding dresses can be auctioned off on the Internet, why not bad debts? Newly minted Web sites are vying to sell off such problem debts as unpaid credit-card bills, auto loans, home mortgages, and even uncollected lawsuit settlements. "The market for distressed debt is the greatest it's ever been, which is spurring the Internet movement," says Edward I. Altman, professor of finance at New York University's Stern School of Business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’