A Web Profit Prophet Spreads The WordBy
Three months ago, Cisco Systems Inc. faced a threat that could easily have turned into a disaster. The networking-equipment giant was running dangerously short on the key components used to build its sophisticated Internet gear. That didn't happen. Cisco's automated inventory and ordering system, which connects to suppliers and contract manufacturers over the Web, foresaw the problem and instantly sent out electronic cries for help. Cisco was able to boost its inventory by more than a third. That allowed the San Jose (Calif.) company to deliver sales growth of 61% for its quarter ended July 29, triple the rate of rival Lucent Technologies Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses