Memphis: The Great Bbq Debate
Nick Vergos isn't kidding when he says: "The pig is truly a wonderful animal." As a member of the family behind world-famous Memphis rib joint The Rendezvous, he may be biased. After all, he sells a ton of pork ribs a day. But after touring 10 of Memphis' finest barbecue joints with John Edge, author of the guide to Southern food, The Southern Belly (Hill Street Press, $29.95), I must surely agree. Unlike Texas, where beef brisket rules, in Memphis, pork barbecue is king.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner