Do Co Mo's Mission: World Domination On The Cheap
Since its inception in 1992, NTT DoCoMo has been hell-bent on one goal: to dominate Japan's cell-phone market. With nearly 60% of the local digital-cellular universe--or 32 million Japanese--DoCoMo handily accomplished that goal. Then, 18 months ago, it set out on a new mission: to lead Japan in the world's first instantly accessible mobile Internet service, called i-mode, which offers users an online connection without the need to dial up. DoCoMo has accomplished that, too. I-mode boasts 70% of Japan's local wireless Web market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed