Psst! Wanna Buy An Illegal Golf Club?
Callaway Golf's new ERC driver isn't on store shelves yet in the U.S. So if you want to snag the latest miracle club, you've got to think creatively--and be prepared to ante up. "We go get 'em for our really good customers," says Kerry Kabase, sales manager for Edwin Watts Golf Shops, which is nabbing the ERC from a network of overseas suppliers. So far, Watts has sold several hundred, which is just short of amazing considering that with duties and shipping, the price can hit $1,500. Says Kabase: "The word I get from my customers is, `I don't care what it costs, just get me one."'
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas