As A Mountain Works Its Magic...Health Care Help Comes From AfarKristina Shevory
In the rugged mountains of southern Armenia, where the specters of mass emigration and unemployment haunt the land, the villagers of Kadjaran believe a mythical bear has once again saved them from destitution. Local lore says that more than 2,000 years ago, when the region was economically blighted, the bear offered villagers the key to a treasure trove hidden in a nearby mountain. The mountain, renamed Gondzasar or Treasure Mountain, contains a mother lode of copper that has been a mainstay of the community ever since.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt