From The Mall To The Cybermall
Argentine real-estate mogul Eduardo S. Elsztain made a killing in the 1990s capitalizing on booming demand for prime office space and shopping malls in Buenos Aires. Now, he's staking his claim on today's hottest piece of property: the Internet. In May, Elsztain's Inversiones y Representaciones (IRSA) launched Altocity.com, a virtual mall some analysts say has a shot at becoming a Latin e-tailing powerhouse. "Preparing my companies for the Internet culture dominates everything I do these days,"says IRSA's chairman.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's