Paccar Is Built For The Long Haul
Throughout the late '90s, W. Marvin Rush simply couldn't get enough heavy-duty trucks from his supplier, Paccar Inc. With sales at Rush Enterprises Inc.'s Sun Belt dealerships doubling from 1996 to 1999, Rush sold the Peterbilt trucks as soon as they hit the sales lots. But early this year, amid a runup in fuel prices and interest rates, truckers suddenly slammed on the brakes. Even with eight more truck lots in his San Antonio-based chain, Rush says he'll be lucky to match last year's total sales. "The market has gone to pot," he says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's