Did You Get That Utrillo On The Web?
Ken Raboy, a senior manager at Andersen Consulting in Dallas, loves to haunt art galleries on business trips to New York, indulging his passion for collecting prints and drawings. But this year, Raboy isn't traveling much. So is he collecting less? Not at all. He has simply shifted his shopping to the Internet. Since January, Raboy, 43, has bought five pieces from two online art sites, including a Frank Stella print he thinks he "absolutely stole" for $2,600 at a Sothebys.com online auction in May. "I now make it a regular habit to go to Sothebys.com and artnet.com to see what's new," Raboy says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas