Edward Whitacre Jr.: Showing Muscle In Long DistanceBy
Chalk one up for Ed Whitacre. In mid-February, things looked dire for the SBC Communications chief's bid to enter the long-distance market. That's when the Justice Dept. said SBC's petition to provide long-distance service in Texas had problems. But on June 13, DOJ gave an unexpected O.K. to a revised SBC application detailing how it gives rival phone companies access to its network.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas