Managing director, UBS Warburg CATEGORY: Networking equipment STOCK PICKS: Nortel Networks (NT), Tellabs (TLAB), JDS Uniphase (JDSU)
CATEGORY: Networking equipment
STOCK PICKS: Nortel Networks (NT), Tellabs (TLAB), JDS Uniphase (JDSU)WHY: Here's an irony for you: Telecom equipment analyst Martin Pyykkonen of CIBC Oppenheimer (see page 128) is recommending networking stocks, while networking analyst Nikos Theodosopoulos picks telecom companies. But it's a fair reflection of where the communications market is headed these days. Cisco Systems and Nortel Networks are invading each other's turf, and everybody is hawking so-called Next Generation gear that uses Net technology to transport data, voice, and even video traffic.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts