The rumor had been flying for weeks: Korea's largest chaebol was in need of a money transfusion. So when Hyundai Group Chairman Chung Mong Hun paid Korea Exchange Bank a visit on May 26, faster than you can say asset-shuffle, jittery investors were dumping the company's stock. The sell-off sent the Seoul bourse to its lowest level in 14 months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone