Who's that in Wal-Mart's rear-view mirror? It's Daniel Bernard, president of France's Carrefour. After acquiring fellow French retailer Promodes last year, Bernard, 54, is running the world's No. 2 discount chain. True, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s $160 billion in sales last year dwarfed Carrefour's $65 billion. But after overseeing Carrefour's push into foreign markets, Bernard is plenty optimistic.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts