The Man Who Loves Disasters
London's Millennium Dome, the enormous exhibition center near Greenwich, is a fiasco. Since it opened on New Year's Day, it has been plagued by management troubles and a disappointing turnout. Executives blew through $750 million in government-lottery money and had to go begging for more. The government reluctantly agreed to kick in $43 million, provided Dome chairman, former British Airways PLC chief Robert Ayling, was booted out.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas