Conseco's Morning After
It was Memorial Day weekend in 1997 and Stephen C. Hilbert, then CEO of Conseco Inc, was hosting his annual Indy 500 bash at his Carmel, Ind., mansion. It was a party like no other, says one guest. Hired limousines dropped off Wall Streeters and Conseco's top brass. By the pool, guests waited patiently in a lengthy receiving line to shake hands with Hilbert, his wife Tomisue, and Chief Financial Officer Rollin M. Dick.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas