Russia: Can Putin Squash Dissent And Free The Economy?Paul Starobin and Sabrina Tavernise
Can Russia's new president, Vladimir V. Putin, have his cake and eat it too? He seems to think he can: Putin aims to make his country more prosperous by pursuing liberal economic reforms. But at the same time, he is clamping down on political dissent and reasserting the Kremlin's control over Russia's regions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself