A Tale Of Pain And Hope On Lake MaracaiboChristina Hoag
Barranquitas looks like any of the hundreds of sunbaked, working-class towns in Venezuela's vast interior. The central square is dominated by a statue of liberator Simon Bolivar. Nearby is the blue-and-white public school. Signs displaying an arctic bear--the mascot of Venezuela's ubiquitous Polar beer--are everywhere.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States