Saudi Arabia: Can Prince Abdullah Shake The Economy Awake?Stanley Reed
After years of living off declining oil revenues, the Saudis are suddenly stirring into action. They are taking steps to encourage foreign investment and liberalize a bureaucracy-shackled economy. They're negotiating to join the World Trade Organization. In early May, they invited the chiefs of big international oil companies to Riyadh for meetings about investments that could total $200 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States