Commentary: A Superfranc Is The Last Thing Switzerland NeedsDavid Fairlamb
Even before the euro's debut, the Swiss had a nightmare that the new currency would prove chronically weak, making the Swiss franc the refuge of choice for Europeans. The anxiety was justified. Hence the Swiss National Bank's efforts to rein in the franc since the launch of Europe's new currency on Jan. 1, 1999.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing