Web Lotto: It Ain't Pretty
Say what you want about the struggles of Internet advertising: Smart marketers know that for a buck, a Web surfer will sit, beg, and bark like a dog. So site operators have figured out that if they offer giveaways, contests, and games of chance--in short, a shot at a lot more than a buck--you'll sit still long enough to view lots of ads. Then they'll have lots of business.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy