Tech Jitters? Not Here
Stocks may gyrate, but earnings soared in Business Week's flash report on the first quarter. Profits jumped 22% on an 11% hike in revenues. Even Old Economy stalwarts like Weyerhaeuser and Alcoa are up 142% and 61%. Brokers also flexed their muscle: Merrill Lynch was up 70%. Losers? Coca-Cola lost $58 million, and profits slipped 2% at General Motors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing