Prostate Cancer: Two Steps Forward
Prostate cancer has certainly gained a higher profile in recent years. The second leading cause of cancer death in men after lung cancer has its own U.S. postage stamp and its own celebrity patients, media tycoon Rupert Murdoch and Yankees manager Joe Torre among them. The American Cancer Society estimates that 318,000 new cases will be diagnosed in the U.S. this year, and some 40,000 will die from the disease. That is particularly disheartening, because prostate cancer is almost 100% curable when caught early.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing