Truck 54 Where Are You?Wayne Kawamoto
Ever wonder where your company's vehicles really are? With @Road's FleetASAP, your cars and trucks are outfitted with a global positioning system (GPS) receiver, which sends data on each vehicle's location, speed, and direction of travel to @Road's data centers via wireless networks. Then, you monitor the fleet by logging on to @Road's Web site (www.atroad.com), which is continually updated to show the vehicle's path on a detailed, on-screen street map. You can see who, say, is closest to where you need a pickup made and who is parked for no apparent reason. Installation costs around $375 per vehicle, with subscription rates starting at $40 per vehicle.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- U.S. Stocks Fall With Treasuries, Dollar Climbs: Markets Wrap
- U.S. Pays Up to Auction $179 Billion of Debt in a Span of Hours
- Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun
- Dollar Extends Gain; Europe Bonds Rise, Stocks Dip: Markets Wrap