A Way To Call The Coming Year In Chips
The semiconductor industry has what seems to be a potent new forecasting and planning tool, courtesy of IC Insights Inc., a market researcher in Scottsdale, Ariz. As the graph above shows, the change between the chip market in the fourth quarter of one year and the first quarter of the next year is a pretty good predictor of what the silicon business will do for the rest of that year. "The relationship is hardly perfect," admits ICI President William J. McClean. "So it's not a predictor--call it a momentum indicator."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’