The Economy: A Higher Safe Speed Limit
Defying first-of-the-year predictions and standard economic convention, the American economy races on. Despite five Federal Reserve rate increases, consumers are spending like crazy, corporations are investing like mad, stock indexes are bumping new highs, profits are soaring, and inflation remains only a troublesome worry, not a major reality. What the heck is going on? Welcome to the debate on New Economy safe speed limits, Part Two.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses