Danger Signals In Russia
With the results of the presidential election a virtual certainty, how Russia proceeds to combat corruption will be vitally important. The promise is that Vladimir Putin will crush gangsterism on the local level and punish cronyism at the top end of the economy. The worry is that this ex-KGB agent will use the secret service to roll back personal liberties and recreate a police state that stymies civil society while making the economy safe for the tycoons who support him.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner