Off The Beaten Chemin
London and Paris offer many delights, but driving is not one of them. Traffic gridlock, expensive parking, aggressive drivers--it's enough to make you want to abandon your car. But just a short distance from both cities are uncrowded country roads where you can relax behind the wheel, enjoy the scenery, and soak up a bit of history and local charm. London Bureau Chief Stanley Reed takes us to the Cotswolds in England, while Paris Correspondent Carol Matlack visits the Seine Valley in France.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States