Chipmakers On A Rampage
With demand for chips still surging after last year's sales record of $149 billion, chipmakers will soon head off on another buying binge for production equipment. Just now, though, the semiconductor industry is digesting the equipment purchased last year. For the suppliers of these esoteric machines, this year will easily top 1999, predicts market researcher Dataquest Inc. (chart)--but it's nothing like the bull that will rage next year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks