The Price of Freedom
For a home business or sole proprietor, tolerating a few obnoxious ads and nosy surveys is a fair swap for unlimited free Net access. At least that's the contention of five free Internet service providers recently sampled by frontier: NetZero, AltaVista Free Access, Excite@Home FreeWorld, Juno, and WorldSpy. The reality is something else. Although all of them promise ease of use, the sites are generally difficult to set up and keep running. In addition, customer service is surly or, at times, nonexistent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses