Swatch: Ready For Net Time?
You're toweling off after a swim when your wristwatch-phone starts beeping. You tap a button, and--presto, you're talking to your broker. While you chat, you tap another button and log on to the Internet to check the performance of a stock he's recommending. Far-fetched? Not to Nicolas G. Hayek, chief executive of Swatch Group Ltd. The flamboyant Lebanese-born engineer who revolutionized the watch business in the 1980s is looking for his next breakthrough. He's putting a Swatch wristwatch-phone on the market this year, as well as a watch equipped for Internet access. He's also working with Hewlett-Packard Co. to develop even more advanced watches.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’