Longer Life Was The Century's Greatest GiftGary S. Becker
At a New Year's Eve party, I asked our guests to name the major development of the 20th century. They had several excellent candidates, including the rise and fall of communism, the growth of democracy, and the advent of computers. But I believe none benefited the ordinary person more than the extending of life expectancy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself