On The Web, It's 1984
Comet Cursor is a little downloadable program that lets you replace the dull old Windows arrow cursor with an image of Kenny from South Park or other cartoon characters. But until privacy advocates put out the word in late November, Comet users had no way of knowing that Kenny, who usually mumbles incomprehensibly, turns into a chatterbox on your system, reporting back to Comet Systems Inc. (www.cometsystems.com) on what Web sites you visited and what you did while there.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy